So ... Grab a Coffee,
Take a Seat and
Browse for as Long as You Want
Like other writers and pundits, I've composed articles on a variety of topics, covering many aspects of the human condition around this planet.
I must admit I have a penchant for concentrating on social, political, economic and religious issues in the context of the American scenario, particularly. And why not, seeing as how the United States of America is still the most powerful country?
Moreover, having spent twenty years living in Canada, where - like all residents there - I was exposed to much of what happens south of that border, I think I eventually knew America and its culture quite well. Twice across the whole country by auto - to most large cities - helped considerably; as did three times to Las Vegas, Chicago and other visits to small towns in Florida, New England, and the Mid-West.
Even with USA in my critical sights, though, I take pains to ensure other countries receive their fair share of critique. Along the way, I do try to inject a suitable amount of humor - not only to amuse, but also to help alleviate the occasional writerly sting.
So ... all of the listed articles are in PDF format. Do, by all means, send any of the following, as is, to other readers you know. Please acknowledge, when necessary, your use of any copying or quoting from any of the texts; and, because you have free use, please ensure other readers you know have the same opportunity.
- 911Redux: Will the nightmare happen again?
- Afghanistan-Bananistan: Will American forces ever leave Afghanistan?
- America Agonist: Just how many guns does it take...?
- Another Trembling Upon Rome: And how many pedophiles?
- Are All Neanderthals in Heaven?: So ... where are all the good Neanderthals?
- Atlas Drugged: Ayn Rand is long dead, but just won't go away.
- Black Men Can't Kick?: Love the NFL. Hate the racism. Or is it?
- End of Rainbow Found: Actually, it found my wife and me. Here's how....
- Freedom to Choose: Do you want a gun - or some butter in your mouth?
- Gone, Baby, Gone: The money's gone. Well, go along, buster, and cry!
- HAWKAAAAA: Do we need Dirty Harry for this dirty war?
- Home Ground Horror: How likely an extremist insurgency in your town?
- Knock, Knock - Who's There?: There's trouble brewing, and not in your mind.
- No Pain, All Gain: Say goodbye to arthritic fingers....
- On Putting Your Mouth Where The Money Is: So, why should politicians get paid?
- Saving Private Truth: We're told honesty is the best policy. Is that a joke?
- Show Me The Money: Well, I don't have any; and don't have the time, either.
- SIC TRANSIT GLORIA GM MUNDI: This dog has had its day, I reckon.
- Spring Time in America: Even though capitalism is on shaky ground?
- Tackling the Problem: They either do it right, or the problem gets worse.
- The Greatest Sham on Earth: Is Congress just another unending fixed fight?
- The Language of Discourse: Most forget about this: KISS.
- The Practicalities of the Pragmatic Person: Are you pragmatic? Or, just practical?
- The Time of My Life: Not much of that here, pilgrim. But, plenty for others, eh?
- Thirty-One Millions Smiles: You can smile too: the ACA is here. Finally.
- Three and Out, Goal to Go: Where have all the tourists gone? Long time passing....
- Too Hot to Handle: The issue of global warming just ain't cooling down.
- Torture 101: So, just when is torture not torture?
- Unsafe At Any Speed - Still: Cell phones - still the go-to trigger for bombs.
- Unsafe At Any Speed - Take#2: Who wants to be on a plane carrying a bomb?
- Who's Sorry Now?: So, you're waiting for an apology from Wall St.? Is that a joke?
- Why Didn't Faisal Run?: After trying to blowup Times Square?
The above is not the whole kit and caboodle, by any means. Some prior articles are simply not particularly relevant or events have overtaken previous analysis. However, I continue to write and will upload other, suitable articles when ready to publish here only.
Roger J. Burke