Living to Write
as much as
Writing to Live
G'day and welcome....
Cutting to the chase, below is a summary of what's in store for you at this site:
A unique smartphone app called Novel Words®. If you study and/or enjoy reading English literary fiction, this app will help you to have a more informative reading experience; and perhaps also, a more relaxed and entertaining one; (Read more....);
- Sample a section of my recently published non-fiction narrative (aka memoir) about my real-life experiences as a Cadet Patrol Officer, in Papua-New Guinea, in the early 1960s;
- A page all about me - where you'll find a biographical sketch, proof of my professional and academic qualifications, and where you can also find early photos and so on;
- A page which details the process which brought me to my real education in life, to wit: the destruction of cherished beliefs with the revelation about the sham and the shame of the world we live in;
- A short page which introduces the topic of chiasmus and chiastic rhetoric, and a link to my other site all about it (we all use chiasmus, at times, and you know of it, for sure);
- Being somewhat of a movie buff and critic (are not most movie-goers?), here's a link to where you can access a selection of my movie reviews at IMDB.COM;
- Read a series of articles, from the last decade or so, covering a variety of contemporary social, economic, political and security issues;
- Because I'm concerned about the digital disruption of automation and robotics, I have an intermittent, running commentary and news at another site here;
- For a change, browse through some pieces of short fiction - all free to read - none of which have ever been published (be aware: some with explicit coarse language and sexual references);
- With extremism global and in the daily news, you can read a thriller I wrote (and published) way back, called Loose Cannon, under a pseudonym, Cyrus H. Milton. The story follows an FBI agent who, while searching for his missing wife, stumbles upon an imminent nuclear attack by extremists. Free to read now, here.
Still a work in progress here, of course; like many websites, I guess. So ... if you want to provide feedback about this site, use my Twitter ID (below) if you like; or simply contact me here.
And thanks a bunch for dropping in....
Roger J. Burke.
BA Griffith (Literature & Composition)
MA Swinburne (Writing)
P.S. More language apps and also games are in the pipeline.... Stay tuned-in here.